Yellow Vest protests are set to take place in Northern Ireland on the 12th and 19th of this month, however, each protest seems to be at opposite ends of the political spectrum.
The first taking place on the 12th is calling on an end to austerity measures imposed on public services such as schools, hospitals, police force etc, an increase to the national minimum wage to £10 per hour among other things.
In the interests of the people of Northern Ireland we have put together a list of demands to bring forward as we protest in solidarity with the yellow vest movement that is rapidly spreading throughout Europe.
We have also joined collective forces with the various other similar protests in an effort to emphasise the unification of our people.
Our demands are as follows;
1. End austerity measures imposed on our public services such as our schools, hospitals, police force and more.
2. Stop the privatising of our national health service.
3. Equal marriage rights for all.
4. Hold an independent enquiry into the mishandling of tax payers money, political gross negligence.
5. Accessible medical cannabis via the NHS. (Bring Billy Caldwell home)
6. Increase our national minimum wage to £10 per hour.
7. Abolish 0 hour contracts.
8. Massive welfare reform in the interests of the people.
9. Address the current housing crisis.
10. Put an end to all fracking/mining in Northern Ireland and utilise cleaner energy sources.
11. Hold citizen initiated referendums based on the will of the people.
If our current government refuses to act on our demands, we as independent citizens have no choice but to protest directly against the current political stalemate and elect representatives that are willing to make progressive changes.
organisers, Occupy Stormont, Occupy City Hall & Yellow Vest Occupy Belfast
The rally on the 19th set to take place in Belfast city centre is supportive of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union and has called on supporters to “show the elite establishment that we have had enough”
Please join us to show the elite establishment that we have had enough. The working class people are suffering more than ever. The homeless are suffering more than ever. Illegal immigrants are getting looked after better than our own. This has to stop NOW. The NHS is in crisis. Housing is now a crisis. The benefits system is failing our people. Universal credit is literally killing people. We must stand up and be counted. United we stand, divided we fall. Europe is finally awake. Please join us and support our movement.
BREXIT MEANS EXIT
LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
The Yellow Vest Movement Of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
PSNI have said they are aware of both yellow vest protests taking place in NI.
“Police are aware of information posted online regarding an event being planned for Belfast city
centreon Saturday, January 19. However, to date, we have not received any notification from event organisers.
The PSNI is committed to ensuring all events pass off peacefully and that those involved are able to exercise their rights in a safe environment.
So that we can avoid any unnecessary disruption and ensure public safety, we encourage all event
organisersto notify both police and the local council in advance of any proposed dates.”
PSNI Superintendent Muir Clark