A Conservative councillor from Bournemouth has received death threats after she posted onto Facebook the suggestion of suggested banning mosques and, in another post, claimed that fundamentalist Islamists were “hiding in plain sight in the Muslim community”.
Beverley Dunlop who is a Conservative councillor sitting on the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council has stated that on Wednesday evening last week she received three calls from an unknown man, threatening to decapitate her.
The local council has said that it is “very alarmed” by this news and that and Dorset Police are currently attempting to trace the person who made the calls. Ms Dunlop was investigated for her remarks Facebook and was judged not to have breached conduct rules, as the independent investigator Tim Darsley judged that she had been acting in a personal capacity.
The council has released a statement regarding the death threats and has said: “[The] government has recognised the increase in threats and attacks on politicians over recent years and agreed, for example, that the personal contact details of councillors need no longer be published.”
A spokesman for Dorset Police has confirmed that it received a report on Thursday morning that a woman had “received malicious communications the previous evening”. It has said that an investigation into this is underway but that no arrests have been made at this stage.
In 2019, 13 members of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council stated that they had been targeted by abuse. 6 of which involved the police. UNN’s Oliver Down will bring you more on this as we get it.
SICK OF THE ATTACKS ON WESTERN VALUES? – HELP SUPPORT UNN AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP WITH THIS STUNNING EXCLUSIVE BADGE!

Current Affairs Correspondent | My name is Oliver Down I am 22, and a staunch brexiteer. I am a Bristolian lad who studied politics in Leicester. I believe in free speech and accurate journalism and I won’t be afraid to give you “the other side” of the story!
[sibwp_form id=4]



